I had fun, I sank the hero in the floor at the end! I just used walls and spikes and holes and zombies to block the chest off a bunch lols :)
I AM DUNGEON
Protect the treasure.
Kill the hero.
You play a DUNGEON , and can spawn different objects into the room.
There are always THREE objects to choose from (TOP), just CLICK on the OBJECT you want to SPAWN and CLICK the TILE you wish to have it.
You WIN when the HERO DIES (no more hearts).
You LOSE if the HERO reaches the TREASURE.
- TREASURE: TO BE PLACED FIRST. IF THE HERO REACHES THIS TILE. YOU LOSE.
- WALL: CAN BE USED TO DIRECT HERO OR MOBS. LASTS FOR 10 TURNS.
- HOLE: WHEN THE HERO LANDS ON THIS, HERO LOSES SOME HEALTH AND STARTS FROM THE DUNGEON DOOR. WHEN MOBS LANDS ON THIS, THEY DIE. LASTS FOR 10 TURNS.
- SPIKES: WHEN THE HERO LANDS ON THIS THEY LOSE HEALTH. MOBS CAN DIE IF THEY WALK ON TOO MANY SPIKES.
- ZOMBIE: WHEN THE ZOMBIE AND HERO COLLIDE, THERE IS A CHANCE THEY WILL THEY FIGHT. IF ZOMBIE WINS, HERO LOSES HEALTH. IF HERO WINS, ZOMBIE DIES. RESISTANT TO SPIKE DAMAGE.
- GOBLIN: WHEN THE GOBLIN AND HERO COLLIDE, THERE IS A CHANCE THEY WILL FIGHT. IF GOBLIN WINS, HERO LOSES HEALTH. IF HERO WINS, GOBLIN DIES BUT HERO LOSES HEALTH.
- WARLOCK: WHEN THE WARLOCK AND HERO COLLIDE, THERE IS A CHANCE THEY WILL THEY FIGHT. IF WARLOCK WINS, HERO LOSES HEALTH. IF HERO WINS, WARLOCK DIES BUT HERO LOSES HEALTH AND ALL POTIONS DISAPPEAR.
- POTION: WHEN THE HERO LANDS ON A POTION, THE HERO GAINS HEALTH.
This was made for Mini Jam 45: Dungeons with the limitation: pocket sized. The game's low resolution and is mobile (touchscreen-friendly) so you can carry the dungeon in you pocket (initially was going to be called pocket dungeon, but that didn't say much about the game).
Sounds and Music
Music: "Professor and the Plant" by Kevin MacLeod (https://incompetech.com) License: CC BY (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)
Sound effects obtained from https://www.zapsplat.com
- Post-JamFeb 18, 2020
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Great concept! Playing the bad guys is always fun :)
The art is really cute (especially the little door!)
The idea is really fun & the art is super neat. A small bug I've noticed is that when the hero dies on the turn when he picks up the chest both "you win" and "you lose" sounds. (What are the chances that would happen for me on my second play?) :D
Ah, that's an oversight on my part. Thanks a lot for letting me know and glad you enjoyed the game.
Very neat concept. After awhile my guy was stuck with two hearts and was slaying everything I threw at him. Very fun!
Awesome idea! Not sure if it's a bug or not but...my hero just will not die, one heart and no number of monsters, spikes, or holes will kill this guy! Keep it up though!
Thanks, that’s interesting. I’ve tested this a lot and not come across that before. Any more information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again for giving it a go!